I think the Lord is really teaching me what –sacrifice really means. I have spent some incredible time just talking to the Lord and learning how to pray for all of you back home. The reality is setting in that this is not a vacation – and that I will be here for a while. J
Life in Guate is good. I am learning so much Spanish, but am still making so many mistakes. School is about a 10 minute walk from my house and on my way I pass a lady selling fresh milk that comes from her cows each day, a small child selling a Spanish newspaper, a wonderful smelling panereda – selling fresh baked goods everyday, tons of coke bottle covered trucks refilling the local tiendas (stores) and the workers “paving” the streets with cobblestones, and dirt mortar. Our school is a one room building with coffee and water and bathrooms inside. My desk is a small plastic lawn table that my teacher and I sit around. At school I learn all about Spanish, mainly verbs and grammar, but also vocabulary, sentences, and a couple other things. There are only 8 of us at the school – each of us have private teachers and we will switch after 4 weeks, and get a new teacher. My teacher’s name Is Lesbia, she is 26 and has three young daughters. We laugh at least 20 times a day – mainly due to the multitude of mistakes that I make everyday. But weare having a lot of fun, and I am learning a whole lot. I just feel like there is so much left to learn. Poco a poco (little by little) as they say here.
my teacher and I under the umbrella