Wednesday, February 4, 2009

mi amigos :)

I thought it would be good to introduce the 7 other missionaries that I am here with. They are all serving in Peru, but on different teams.

Adam(27) and Jess (28) – a couple from Missouri that are going to serve in the jungles of Peru – exploring and discovering the unreached people groups. They are the “parents” of the group. Adam grew up on the mission field as an MK in Peru and is fluent in Spanish. Jess served as a missionary in India. They are both awesome!

Misty (23) – just out of college in Mississippi. She was an art major – and is a very talented artist. She will be serving in the jungles of Peru (with Lori and Amy) on the extreme team.

Ellen (26) – from Mississippi. Ellen is living right next to Adam and Jess, and is definitely a trooper, as she has absolutely no hot water for showers. Ellen is serving in Peru on the team that goes into villages where churches have been planted and helps in the discipleship process. Ellen’s partner is Ginny.

Ginny (30) – From Atlanta. Ginny and I run every morning together, and I really enjoy my time with her. She loves the outdoors, and has an amazing way of speaking to the Lord. I want to learn to pray like she does, with such passion and conviction. She is also my accountability partner while I am here in Guate.

Lori (25) – An MK from Thailand. Her parents are on staff with Campus Crusade in Chang Mai, Thailand. She grew up overseas and went to college in North Carolina. She also loves the outdoors – she enjoys exploring the city, and has a great sense of direction, and is always up for anything.

Amy (22) – From North Carolina – went to college with Lori. Amy is the baby of the group. She has a true heart of gold, and her passion is evangelism, and she is always telling people about what the Lord has done in her life. I want that, too. It comes so natural, and is such a gift.

Ginny, Lori, Amy, and I are like the fab 4. We are totally willing to do anything and are trying to take advantage of all that Guatemala has to offer. They are a lot of fun. It is awesome that we all share a passion for reaching the unreached people of this world for the Lord. None of us are sure where the Lord is leading us in terms of the future, but it is cool to be able to share this time in life with some other like-minded people.