Saturday, August 15, 2009

my first fogata in colombia

What a week, what a day! This marks the end of the first week of classes - and what a week it has been. I am so excited to say - my ministry here has simply picked up where we left off in early July! The students returned - most of the old and a handful of new ones, and everything is off to a great start. We got a new team member at ESTINDUS - Felipe, and he is hitting the ground running. He is there to act as a facilitator for the guys - kind of like I am with the girls... and he also teaches guitar lessons, and how to read music. He is 27, from Bogota - and has already begun to build relationships with the students. What an answer to prayer! (To make it even better - he even knows basic English) So, needless to say - this week has had some definite highs... To top it off - tonight was the first Bible Study of the semester and there were 25 people there! (And many of the regulars could not come, due to work issues...) We had a bonfire, played games, ate hot dogs and Fernando told a story from the Bible. But, the biggest thing is - F Bomb came. I cannot tell you what a huge step this is. But, not only did he come, he participated, listened to the story, asked and answered questions... and was fully intrigued by what was being taught! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to chat with him afterwards about what he thought, but he left in high spirits. I guess that is all for now, but I am very excited about how the Lord is going to do this semester - I have a feeling its going to be big.